Ok, let me share something with you. People always ask me for relationship advice – single people, married people, people that want to be married and people that want to be single. I don’t know why girl, they just do. So I’ve decided to make my first relationship post about something that people keep asking me.
In the last 12 months, I’ve had 3 different married friends from 3 totally different backgrounds ask or inquire about how often I have sex with my husband, (for comparative purposes) basically seeing if the amount of sex they were having was normal. Apparently, I’m the one that’s abnormal because when I answered “Almost every day, but we definitely don’t go more than two days without it” they all had equally shocked responses of “What?! I don’t know how you do that?” Or “I just, I don’t feel like it.” So I am eager to express to you 7 reasons I think you should have sex with your husband every day. Beware: I’m pulling back the covers on this one.
- One of the most important reasons you should have sex with your husband every night, day or, however, you get it on is because before he got married, he was probably getting it every day from you or somebody else. And for that to change when he made the ultimate commitment to you is honestly just a slap in the face. In my humble opinion, you’re basically denying him his God given right (1 Corinthians 7:5). You need to be throwing that thang in a circle every chance you get.
- Because it’s flattering. The fact that my husband still desires me is a major turn on, I don’t know about you but I like being liked! In addition, I know I’m not bruising his ego with constant rejection.
- Sex is the one thing that I am the sole provider of. So I had better be good at it. It’s my job and I don’t ever want to clock in late or look up and my position is being filled because I didn’t take the job seriously, you get where I’m going with this?
- Because that heifer at work will, #ImJustSayin. Now when I say “that heifer” I’m not talking about anyone in particular, but I am talking about someone specific. That girl that wears the tight ACU’s to work, or that one chick on the train that thought he was flirting with her when he was just being a gentleman when he gave up his seat. Or even that girl at the gym that smiles just a little too hard at him. If that ain’t enough reasons why I don’t know what is. My theory is wear him out until he’s too tired to think about anyone else. Basically, until the thought of even being with someone else seems silly to him.
- Ok so when I had this conversation with two neighbors the conversation went something like this:
Neighbor #1: Greg’s* been bugging me because he thinks we need to have more sex.
Neighbor #2: Yea Tim* has been on me about that too.
Me: (Looking straight ahead cause I don’t wanna be in nobody’s business)
Neighbor #1: Tata how often do you guys do it?
Neighbor #2: “What?! And you’re pregnant too? How do you even do that? (And then that’s when she said something key) That’s probably why your husband treats you so good”.
Me: (With a smile on my face) Probably
Do you get the point I’m trying to make here? My husband treats me well. He talks to me kindly, he considers my opinion in all things, and he helps with the kids. And anything that I want he will get it for me, even if it’s something that I say just in passing and I’ve forgotten I’ve mentioned it. It’s the least I can do considering he works hard for our family, not only to provide our basic needs but our wants too, so why wouldn’t I take care of his as well?
- Sex is everywhere. Men are bombarded with sexual temptations daily. Let that sink in, your husband is tempted DAILY. You need to be having sex with him at least that much. In today’s overly sexualized society you cannot even open your computer without seeing videos of somebody twerking, whether it’s Miley Cyrus or Amber Rose, and on top of that, it’s all over the TV too. Women are on reality shows doing the most to stay relevant, women are walking around outside nearly naked, and everybody wants to be a stripper or look like one. Not having sex with your husband every day is like sending a parched man to a waterpark. And please believe I don’t want my husband sliding down nobody’s inner tube but mine.
- Sex between husband and wife is to me the most intense satisfying experience that the two can share. Depending upon your lifestyle sex could possibly be the only opportunity to connect with your spouse on a deeper level. The average married couple only has sex 8 times a month. That is 22 missed opportunities to bond with your mate. Whether we acknowledge it or not bonding is one of the most important aspects of a healthy marriage.
With all that being said I hope this post didn’t make you cringe. But if it did you probably needed to hear this lol.
*Not their real names
Books You May Be Interested In Reading
*This post contains affiliate links.