Who would’ve known that the cure to my daughters eczema would only take a few simple ingredients and less than 5 minutes?
Vayda has always had extremely sensitive skin, she was only 6 weeks old when Brown Sugar deployed and she had a horrible reaction that covered her face and started to spread to her neck. I was horrified. I was in the middle of moving to Chicago from Hawaii alone and I had no idea what to do. The doctor ended up prescribing her a steroid cream which I wasn’t really comfortable with but it did help to calm the reaction. Then about a year later I started to notice dark scaly patches on the creases of her arms and dryness on the back of her neck. I once again took her to the doctor and he told me she had eczema and again prescribed a steroid cream. At this point, I’d started to educate myself about the food and chemicals that my kids were being exposed to and after looking up several homemade/natural options and after many different recipes mostly from Pinterest I came up with this lovely concoction.
This lotion that is oh so easy to make has been a Godsend, Vayda no longer scratches until she bleeds and her skin is no longer scarred from all the scratching. If someone in your home suffers from eczema hopefully this DIY lotion recipe will help.
Large Mixing bowl
1 cup of softend coconut oil
14 drops of essential lemon oil (optional)
12 drops of essential lavender oil (optional)
1 13 oz container of baby fresh scent of petroleum Jelly
(2) 4 oz containers of Vitamin E cream
4 drops of Vitamin E oil
1. After gathering all the ingredients scoop, the Vitamin E cream, petroleum jelly, coconut oil (you may need to zap it in the microwave for about 30 seconds to soften it) into the large mixing bowl. Set the empty containers to the side.
2. Mix the ingredients with the mixer for about 2 minutes until the lotion is smooth and well mixed.
3. Add in the vitamin e oil and essential oils and mix again for about 30 seconds.
4. Scoop mixture back in empty containers, rub the kids down and watch the eczema heal.
Warning keep the bowl and spatula away from kids, they’ll think it’s some sort of icing and will definitely try to eat it.
My family loves this lotion we use it every day and I’ve seen so much improvement to Vayda’s skin not to mention the bonus of it being much more natural and healthier than the lotions and prescribed medicines for eczema.
*This post contains affiliate links